Wednesday, June 19, 2013

The Return

I have this friend who has really inspired me in a lot of things and one of them is to get back into blogging. I'm not a hundred percent convinced but I remember how it made me feel each time I wrote before. I loved reflecting on life's situations and how I was handling it and if I was becoming the Kina I was created to be.

So here it goes.

The thought of my creation has been on my mind lately. I am no longer a mom of just one but two and it is challenging. Sometimes it feels like more than I can bare with all the other things life brings. I enjoy it but there are moments when I think shouldn't I just get a moment to myself. When do I get to do what I want to do. And then you feel guilty for those thoughts and then you get frustrated. I never feel happy in those moments, not like the moments when I am down on the floor making dinosaurs chase each other, or running around chasing my boys with "great big stomping dinosaur feet," or helping them create.  So a couple weeks ago, probably after a hard day, I was praying. I don't remember what I said to my Father but I remember what he said to me. He reminded what I was created for. He reminded me that all my life I have been waiting for this time. I even played and pretended this time because it was a hope and a dream. Being a wife and a  mom is all I ever wanted and exactly what my Heavenly Father intended me to be. It was in my design. When I felt his words it struck with so much power and understanding that I was anxious to get up and get going again.

Being a mom and a wife is a 100% thing. It's selfless. But it is also so rewarding. Having this understanding there isn't such a selfish craving for "me time." When the opportunity comes for "me time" I can take it happily with no guilt, knowing that my family has received my best.


I still have my moments but as I reflect on those thoughts it feels my soul with a love for what I am doing and what I am becoming. I have the greatest career in the world and I can love it or I can go through the motions and live through it till retirement.

I love my husband and children with all my soul and I know that as I let Heavenly Father helps me fulfill my potential I can enjoy each day.

1 comment:

  1. Kina, this is lovely. You really have a wonderful way with words and I love all of this.

    ReplyDelete