Sunday, October 17, 2021

Dance

  Today in our church meeting a brother shared a little life parable.

   As a kid he loved dancing at parties.  His mom revealed to him that when he got to middle school they would have school dances where he could show off all his cool moves. He was so excited and spent his days working on getting those Michael Jackson moves just right. 🕺  When the day came for his first middle school dance you can imagine the excitement when the first song came on "Billie Jean."  But no one danced and neither did he. 

   No one wants to relive the middle school dance. I don't want to look back and see all the joy I missed because I was afraid to dance alone.

   This brother shared that he has felt the power of Christ through the Holy Spirit testify to him throughout his life. He has felt the joy of the gospel of Jesus Christ and he has felt the pull from opposing forces. A tactic of the opposing force is soliciting our fear of man. 

   I too have had the Holy Spirit witness to me the reality of a savior, the Savior even Jesus Christ. I have felt the joy of his redeeming love. I have experienced his guiding hand. I have been wrapped in his protecting arms. 

   I don't want to dance alone. I don't want to fear man. I want to be fearless in my witness of Jesus Christ. He is the healing power in our lives, families, communities, country and world!! 

  My life is not without struggles or difficulties but it is without hopelessness. I have a guide to lead me up every mountain, through every trail and give me a surety of peace and joy at the summit. 

  Please, come and dance with me. Come and enjoy the fruits of the gospel of Jesus Christ!

Love,

Kina

   


No comments:

Post a Comment